Monday, May 24

Too Fat to Post

I have compiled a list of activities I would love to do and hope to accomplish this year. I am going to try to do all these before the end of the year (minus the traveling). What are some of the things you  have always felt too fat to do? Places you think you'd stand out too much at, or things you just felt uncomfortable trying.



I've been focusing on an activity that is taking a lot longer than I had hoped. Cartwheels! I am currently not an insured human being, so the logistics of breaking a finger, wrist, arm or face is frightening (That could be the lamest excuse). I made a video a few weeks ago asking for cartwheel advice. All the comments were unanimous, all I need to do is have the confidence and faith in flinging my body into circular motion and it'll work.  Well since that discovery, Portland has had nothing but rain. So as soon as I get to SF or get some sun here, I will film a daring cartwheel! Broken bones or not.

So, speaking of San Francisco! I am going to be visiting my lovely hometown for my birthday! (AHH!!!) I have several things on my agenda.

1. Enjoy time with my friends
2. Have an awesome birthday week
3. Check out the people at the No Lose conference in Oakland
4. Re-evaluate if SF is the place where I really belong
5. Hike around Marin Headlands
6. Take a Krav Maga class
7. Find a few more fun things to do
8. Eat some awesome Indian food



**There's a few posts coming soon -  Fat yoga and visiting the OBGYN.

4 comments:

  1. Yoga
    Cooking classes
    Visit Japan, Paris, New York
    Spray tanning
    Drive a motorcycle
    Renew our wedding vows and have professional photos done

    I’ve joined up for a free cooking class in Sydney in June so hopefully that will be something I can cross off my list.

    I hate the fact I put so many things off because I’m fat, I just can’t stop wondering what other people there would be thinking about me. I truly wish I had the confidence to say screw it! it doesn’t matter what others think but it still does and I hate that.

    I've also started my own blog to hopefully perk up my confidence and get me where I want to be!

    I haven't had a pap smear in over 4yrs, they make me feel so uncomfortable male or female. And the only other one I've had was over 4 years before that, both times I was pregnant.

    Hope you have an awesome birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to do :

    Hiking
    Run a marathon
    Wear a bikini
    Show my arms off :S
    Ride a motorcyle
    Jump off a diving board lol
    Sky dive
    Go to Puerto Rico

    I do put alot of things off because I am fat, like one time me and my friend (who is fat too) went to a David Lloyd gym, and we walked into the tv room, it was full of skinny people all of them and I do mean ALL of them stopped what they was doing to gawk at me and my friend. Needless to say we got our ass's out of there, we obviously wasn't welcome, and I feel like fat people are often excluded out of things because of our size. Hopefully one day I'll achieve everything I want to...

    Hope you have an awesome birthday!

    www.ohlalacurves.blogspot.com

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to:

    Wear a bikini
    Wear shorts with confidence
    Compete in a triathlon
    Visit Milan and spend the whole day in heels
    Audition for So You Think You Can Dance
    Apply for a flight attendant job

    These are just a few things that my weight is keeping me from doing. It's strange to think that I am my own biggest barrier!

    And you ladies should both spray tan! I went ahead and took the plunge and I was glowing for a week. I was nervous because I got it hand done and I was worried what she would think about the shape I was in, but I think people in that sort of profession see it all. I want to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your list! I went paint balling and it is AMAZING! You Can do anything you want :)

    I hope you complete this because I know you will LOVE every second of doing each of the items on the list.

    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete